Spintop Ventures proudly presents the new Spintop Fund IV. Investors and the early-stage technology companies Spintop invests in have shown a strong trust in the active engagement, the long-term commitment and the vast experience of the Spintop team. As a result, Spintop is now trusted to manage a total amount approaching 2 billion SEK.
“Our new fund is actually old news. The fund started actively investing in early 2022,” says the Spintop Team
The European Investment Fund, EIF, a major investor in top-tier funds across Europe, and Sweden’s Saminvest, have decided to continue their cornerstone roles from the previous Spintop fund.
“We are very proud of the trust from our cornerstone investors, the strong support from Nordic family offices, institutional investors and our network of 50+ entrepreneurs and executives from the technology sector. Many of our investors have been with Spintop for a long time. A specially warm thanks to the investors who have invested with Spintop since the first fund in 2010, with some having doubled their commitments with every new fund generation.”
Investors have demonstrated their confidence in Spintop’s battle-proven pan-Nordic early-stage technology investment strategy:
- A solid track record from the previous Spintop funds where value has been realized in numerous exit transactions and distributed to investors.
- An active and long-term engagement with all companies Spintop invests in, combined with a capacity to make significant follow-on investments in the companies that perform well.
- A true pan-Nordic footprint where currently ~40% of investments are in Finland, Norway and Denmark and ~50% of the Swedish investments are from outside of the Stockholm region.
- Applying software technology and the venture capital scaling playbook to maximize sustainability impact. Sustainability is an integrated part of all investment activities and Spintop IV adheres to the EU SFDR Article 8.
- Actively supporting diversity as it drives long-term returns and is essential for society – currently 30% of the active portfolio companies are led by female CEOs.
‘’With this operation the EIF is contributing to the management of two-billion-euro investments by Spintop Ventures. Investing in Swedish and Nordic early-stage technology is crucial for Europe’s digital transition. Therefore, I would like to thank our partners at Saminvest, for the opportunity to support a dynamic future for the Nordic countries’ economies,” says Alain Godard, Chief Executive of the European Investment Fund.
”We are pleased to invest in Spintop IV. The new fund is well positioned to take advantage of the investment opportunities and develop the eco-system in the early-stage tech sector in Scandinavia, and we particularly appreciate their efforts within sustainability,” says Peder Hasslev, Chief Executive Officer at Saminvest.
The fund will remain open to bring on new investors on a selective basis during the fall.